Sunday, October 17, 2004

Re: Slowing Down, by Charles





slowing down
Yesterday, October 16, 2004

We are spending the day indoors, nothing pressing. Darrell & Heather
has gone to the Balloon Festival and flea market in Vidaila, he was in
charge of the river barge for the firewiorks show Friday night. My
grandbabies are with their other Grandma, i suppose. Anthony has chosen
to go to his Grandpa's house early this morning. My baby boy Curtis
spent the night with his friend and doesn't come home till late
evening. When he returns, I sing him a few phrases of the song "It's
Only the Wind" (your children are not at the door) by the Areno Bros.,
and ask him if he knows the song. He doesn't. We have slowed down
enough to watch the DVD 'The Passion' which we have had for a while.
Ah, melancoly.


A house so empty,
where have they gone?
Where are my children,
so far from home?
My heart is longing,
for thier voice so near.
No need for rushing,
don't shed a tear.
They will return
in a moment or two.
Meanwhile thou,
I feel so blue. Sigh.

bc


6 comments:

Lydia Carroll said...

you guys sound so very much like our daddy
but then my heart was breaking only yesterday
because our bumpkins already is so big and he was born only last week
so i feel a bit of mold has shaped me also.

Charles Cirilo said...

Parents are pitiful. Our revenge is that it happens to the kids eventually.

Charles Cirilo said...

I am reminiscing, and find myself here. I followed the path from my poem Slowing Down. We've all had more moments since these nearly four years ago, and I sometimes find myself caught up in the common stream. The waters there are too fast, roiling with an artificial urgency, it seems. I am taking a few moments before work to get off on the banks, and if necessary, fight my way through the vegetation that grows here, over the tumbled down rocks, and climb the abutments formed by the fast moving waters of time if only to find a particular wild flower to smell, or some vista to view and cherish forever... At least I have found each of you to think of, to miss so fiercely, and love so strongly. There is joy here, and disquieting discomfort to a point, but it is so worth it because all of you are so worth it. I love you every one... so very much.... Look, do so see that... oh, hear that sound... and the color of...

Lotus Dale said...

much love to you as well. many thoughts of you always.

Byron @ said...

I've moved my photo directories to the mac, and have the screensaver set to my pictures. Sometimes I wander by, or sit, and I've found Kay does as well, and watch the bits and pieces of our lives roll past. Sometimes with sadness, sometimes with a smile, but always knowing that these pictures hold moments of our past, and we are thankful for each one. Love to all, you are what makes families such a joy to belong.

Lydia Carroll said...

same loving thoughts to you all. seems my life has gotten so busy but when i think abt it i wonder at the changing of infrastructures over the yrs. it does the same to us all and leaves only memories behind. and just keeps adding more to go with those. my love and prayers go with you every one, always. you are constantly in my heart. generational shadows seems to transcend from one generation to another. it seemed to mutate when it got to me as i remind myself of each of you at different times so you are always with me and in my thoughts. i love you too, intensely.