Sunday, November 07, 2004

mamabird

Oh, that this were not so late.

Our Mother's voice and laughter so clear.

I wish we could hear her, that melodious tone,
that was our Mothers, when we were at home.
We miss you and love you and don't quite know,
why aging is heartache, and what more can you hold?
Is there a universe that we can't quite see?
Is my Mamabird in there, does she recognize me?
I will love my Mama till the day that I die,
and in passing o'er, I hear my Mothers sweet cry.
It is warm as the sky on a bright summers day,
It is just like honey, in a heavenly way.
There is my Mama, she is saying so clear,
I love you my babies, you are precious, you hear?

I know some words are garbled sometimes, but I never for a moment think that we are not communicating, I can feel and hear my Mama talking, and, we understand one another. Hugs and Kisses to Mamabird. XOXOXO

2 comments:

mama bird said...

mama does understand us ... her ability to convey meaning to us is more dimiished than her comprehension, altho that too is injured. but she still knows us. it may be that the name is detached fm the face sometimes, altho she sometimes gets that right too, but she knows we are her children. she still calls me "my daughter" even when she calls me "charlie" or by other names of endearment. and she understands the touch of love, our hugs, our kisses, our laughter, and our outstretched hand to help her with tasks she can no longer accomplish on her own. she loves the sunshine and the outdoors so i try on good days, to leave the back door open so she can step outside as often as she likes. i think i need a gate lock of some kind which would make her exit to the out of doors even more secure. maybe even a bungee cord wrapped tightly would do it.

the poem is very touching. we love you.

Charles Cirilo said...

Ahh. Beautiful. Thanks.