Monday, September 06, 2004

labor day




Just took it for granted up untill i was asked what it was about.
"..Labor Day...is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race, or
nation." said Samuel Gompers, founder and longtime president of the
American Federation of Labor.
I guess i could have never learned that and not missed anything.

Checked on the new outdoor restaurant where i will be installing my newest
fountain thursday and the guy wants me to erect an antique streetlamp
in another area of the courtyard. Needs re-wire, retro-fit light,
paint, and mostly just make it stand up, weighs about 300lbs and top
heavy. Told him i'd think about it. sounds like work.

Why does today seem to be plodding along? must be because i left work early.
Thought I'd give you all one of my cheesier poems, cause i know you guys are starving for the arts:

          The Artist

I am an artist, tis plain to see,
everything is a must to me.
I can plunge toilets with both art and style,
I'm most times willing, for that extra mile.
I challenge anyone, to walk in my shoes,
for they would beg God, to take what they choose.
For no one in a right frame of mind,
would choose to walk, in this state of mine.
I walk it alone, and I'm proud to say,
I would do it again, any old day!
The Plumbers Prayer
by byron c.

i penned this one when my bosses fiance asked me if I were an artist
(I was finishing up the touchups to the ceiling mural at the time).

No comments: