Saturday, September 04, 2004

Night owl




It is saturday morning 4:15 am and I have awakened as I sometimes do in
the middle of the nite and can't go back to sleep. I am having one of
those Daddy moments where sleep is elusive and thoughts are many. Mine
and Kays 28th anniversary is over, we are starting out on our our 28th
honeymoon. This year there are additions to the family, as my oldest
baby boy juggles his new life with a live in girlfriend, a toddler who
just turned 2 this past Sunday, and a precious little girl who makes so
many faces it is hard to keep up with her changing emotions. She smiles
and then pouts, then smiles again, and can go from a frown to a full
blown crying fit all in less than 10 seconds. Then she looks around
like shes wondering what all the fuss is about.I wonder if all babies do this.
I am thinking of Dolly and how she is coping. I am thinking of my Mom.
I am thinking of Petes wedding, and of Charles. I am thinking about our
little sister Lydia, and hope she is well. I am still bothered by the
way Darrells traffic court was handled, and if there is anything I can
do about it, or should I just let it go. (see Silence!)
I have to work again this weekend, with cutbacks at work there will be no new
hiring to replace the guy I lost. I guess I am just thinking, going
nowhere.... I think I will go back to bed for a little while.


3 comments:

Lotus Dale said...

Looks like we both had a bit of daddy's early morning writing going on there. I really enjoyed this post and hope you continue to keep this journal. It is very heartwarming to see your love and pride for your family. Even if not for having brought mother home, I have thought on so many ocassions since returning to Concordia Parish how blessed I've been to have this time with you and your family and to see what a man you've become. I know if daddy were still here, he'd tell you, "I'm proud of you, son." Love, Sis

Byron @ said...

lil bunzy a man? Was there ever any doubt?

Viola Hayes said...

my dear byron,
i am humbled that you would spend your quite hours with me on your mind. i am saddened that i have caused you worry. i am going to be fine.
my children make me laugh and smile as they make me cry. but i am blessed that i have children. and as you, too, now know the joy of grandchildren, well, again, i am so blessed.
i have been afraid and tired and the tho't of my family cheering me on and praying for me has been my strength. it wasn't a temporary comfort. it made me a stronger person, less afraid.
my long time favorite quote is william wordsworth's:
i alone had a thot of grief,
a timely word gave that thot relief,
and again, i am strong.
your post is such balm to me tonight. i love you very much, and i too am proud of what kind of man you have become.
dolly